How can I help someone else seek help?
Many people experiencing a mental health problem will speak to friends and family before they speak to a health professional, so the support you offer can be really valuable. This guide covers:
- What emotional support can I offer?
- What practical support can I offer?
- What can I do if someone doesn’t want my help?
- What if they believe things that seem very unusual or scary to me?
- What can I do if it’s an emergency?
- How can I look after myself?
If you regularly support someone with a mental health problem you might be considered a carer. See Mind HK’s page on Carers for more information.