About our Training Courses:
One of Mind HK’s core goals is to raise awareness through workshops, training sessions, and talks, in order to increase awareness and understanding of mental health in Hong Kong.
Our team of trainers offer various public and private training options, including Mental Health 101, an introduction to mental health course, and Mental Health First Aid (MHFA), an international certification course. We suggest you to take our Mental Health 101 course prior to taking our MHFA course to gain a basic knowledge of mental health. Both courses are offered in both English and Cantonese.
We also support ongoing Youth Mental Health First Aid Training for those who work in the education system or with young people.
Please note our offline, public trainings have been postponed due to the Covid-19 virus. We apologise for the inconvenience. We will update our schedule as soon as possible.
Managing Mental Health during the COVID-19 Outbreak (ENG only):
- We are pleased to offer a private webinar for companies and their employees (max 60 attendees). To learn more about this training, click here.
- To enquire about availability, or to learn more, please email [email protected]
- This training is currently only available in English.
Mental Health 101 (ENG & CN):
Our 1 1/2 hour introduction course covers:
- The basics of mental health
- Stigma around mental health
- The spectrum of mental health, from anxieties, phobias and depression to more severe conditions
- Self-help treatment options, including wellbeing tips, guided self-help, individual digital interventions and online support
- Who does what: the difference between counsellors, psychologists and psychiatrists
- How to get help with mental health in Hong Kong and internationally
- Case examples
*Mental Health 101 sessions are conducted by clinical professionals in the mental health field.
Mental Health First Aid (Standard) (ENG & CN)
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the help given to someone who is developing or experiencing a mental health crisis before he or she can obtain professional treatment. The training, which is a 12-hour, internationally recognised course, is conducted by accredited professionals. A certificate will be awarded to participants with FULL attendance.
- Basic knowledge about common mental health problems and related crisis situations
- What you can provide as a lay person and When to get help
- MHFA Action Plans
- Intervening and managing mental health emergencies as a first responder
- Panic attacks
- Identify the resources available in the local community
*Mental Health 101 is recommended prerequisite to MHFA.
**Completion of this MHFA training will lead to being internationally certified in MHFA.
Managing Mental Health in the Workplace (ENG only)
A 3 hour introductory session, with a focus on workplace specific issues. This training provides attendees with an introduction to common mental health problems and how they affect the workplace. The training covers:
- A general introduction to mental health and wellbeing, with reference to the workplace
- An introduction to common mental health problems
- Stigma surrounding mental health problems and how to combat this in the workplace
- How to recognise when people need help with their mental health
- How you can help yourself and others in Hong Kong
- Some of the key factors that are relevant to Hong Kong’s workplaces
- How to disclose a mental health problem at work and what to consider when doing so
- How managers can support their staff to maintain good mental health and handle mental health problems at work
- How to have an effective conversation about mental health in the workplace
Private Training Offerings
- We offer our training options privately to workplaces, groups, and more. Learn more about our private offerings here: Mind HK Trainings (1) (1)
- If you would like to enquire about availability of our trainers, please email [email protected] with your preferred dates.
Courses Supported by Mind HK:
Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA)
Youth Mental Health First Aid course (YMHFA) is for anyone who works with young people up to the age of 24. It is a 14 hours Internationally certified course.
YMHFA focuses on adolescent development and what signs and symptoms to look out for early detaction of mental health problems developing in young people up to the age of 24. As it is a time of growth of the body and mind, risk taking and changes in behaviour.
Differences between the standard MHFA and YMHFA courses are: YMHFA focuses on adolescent development (up to age 24 as the brain is still developing), also contains the extra section on Eating Disorders. The standard MHFA course covers gambling in the substance misuse section and the YMHFA course does not. The participant needs to identify which client group that they would like to focus on and register for the most appropriate course. Both use the same action plan.
Questions? Email [email protected]