About our Training Courses:
One of Mind HK’s core goals is to raise awareness through workshops, training sessions, and talks, in order to increase awareness and understanding of mental health in Hong Kong.
Our team of trainers offer various public and private training options, including Mental Health 101, an introduction to mental health course, and Mental Health First Aid (MHFA), an international certification course. We suggest you to take our Mental Health 101 course prior to taking our MHFA course to gain a basic knowledge of mental health. Both courses are offered in both English and Cantonese.
We also support ongoing Youth Mental Health First Aid Training for those who work in the education system or with young people.
To see upcoming training dates, please see our training openings below:
Select Training Course
Mental Health 101:
Our 1 1/2 hour introduction course covers:
- The basics of mental health
- Stigma around mental health
- The spectrum of mental health, from anxieties, phobias and depression to more severe conditions
- Self-help treatment options, including wellbeing tips, guided self-help, individual digital interventions and online support
- Who does what: the difference between counsellors, psychologists and psychiatrists
- How to get help with mental health in Hong Kong and internationally
- Case examples
*Mental Health 101 sessions are conducted by clinical professionals in the mental health field.
Mental Health First Aid (Standard) (ENG)
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the help given to someone who is developing or experiencing a mental health crisis before he or she can obtain professional treatment. The training, which is a 12-hour, internationally recognised course, is conducted by accredited professionals. A certificate will be awarded to participants with FULL attendance.
- Basic knowledge about common mental health problems and related crisis situations
- What you can provide as a lay person and When to get help
- MHFA Action Plans
- Intervening and managing mental health emergencies as a first responder
- Panic attacks
- Identify the resources available in the local community
*Mental Health 101 is recommended prerequisite to MHFA. Please check our events page for additional trainings later on.
**Completion of this MHFA training will lead to being internationally certified in MHFA.
Private Training Offerings
- We offer Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health 101 to workplaces, groups, and more. Learn more about our private offerings here: Private Training Offerings.
- If you would like to enquire about availability of our trainers, please email [email protected] with your preferred dates.
Courses Supported by Mind HK:
Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA)
Youth Mental Health First Aid course (YMHFA) is for anyone who works with young people up to the age of 24. It is a 14 hours Internationally certified course.
YMHFA focuses on adolescent development and what signs and symptoms to look out for early detaction of mental health problems developing in young people up to the age of 24. As it is a time of growth of the body and mind, risk taking and changes in behaviour.
Differences between the standard MHFA and YMHFA courses are: YMHFA focuses on adolescent development (up to age 24 as the brain is still developing), also contains the extra section on Eating Disorders. The standard MHFA course covers gambling in the substance misuse section and the YMHFA course does not. The participant needs to identify which client group that they would like to focus on and register for the most appropriate course. Both use the same action plan.
Questions? Email [email protected]