Help show mental health matters.
We’re always seeking help in multiple ways. Below are a few opportunities for you to get involved. We look forward to hearing from and working with you.
Volunteer with us
Become a Mind HK Expert by Experience Ambassador
- Be 24+ in age and a Hong Kong resident
- Had experience in and now recovered from any mental health issues (Any types of mental illness/disorders/ issues – not a must with clinical diagnosis)
- Understand and speak English
- Willing to commit to a 10-hour training in May/June 2021 (2.5 hours X 4 weekly sessions) and join regular events later for you to tell your story (times TBC)
- Passionate about mental health
- Open to sharing your mental health story (in English and/or Cantonese) as a Mind HK Ambassador
- The training modules will be conducted in English. Cantonese modules will be offered in the next phase.
- To ensure the Ambassadors feel comfortable and confident in this story-telling journey, there will be supervision by a clinical specialist and a peer support network available.
- This training programme is free and kindly sponsored by Jardine Matheson and MINDSET.
General volunteer opportunities
We are especially in need of these skill sets:
- Content translation (Traditional Chinese and English)
- Web design, graphic design and IT
- PR, fundraising and event management
- Psychologists psychiatrists and other mental health professionals prepared to lecture or speak to the present
- Individuals prepared to talk about their lived experience with a mental health problem
- General administration, legal and accounting
Whether you have these skills or not, we’d love to hear from you! If you’re interested in volunteering, please fill out this form.
Share your mental health story
We aim on using our blog to publish personal stories in order to help mental health problems be more understood. We believe sharing stories from the local community are a powerful way to help overcome the stigma of mental health. If you would like to share your mental health story or write about a mental health topic, please contact our blog or email [email protected].
Partner with us
We are eager to collaborate with other local and international organisations on future projects. Here are ways we can partner:
Become a corporate sponsor:
If you’re interested in becoming a founding donor, or sponsoring or one of our initiatives/events, please email us at [email protected]
Become an affiliated mental health charity:
Our mission is to provide resources and information to the Hong Kong public at large, to change attitudes towards mental health, and ensure everyone facing mental health challenges receives adequate treatment. We’re looking for mental health charities in Hong Kong and abroad to be an affiliate with ours; we will post your website and description on our website, in order for site visitors to gain access to your services and information. If you’re interested in becoming an affiliated mental health charity, please email [email protected] with a short description of your organisation. We look forward to hearing from you!
Provide pro bono services:
We’re always looking for valuable support in design, PR, marketing and more. Please email [email protected] and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.