Money and mental health are connected
Poor mental health can make earning and managing money harder. And worrying about money can make your mental health worse. It can start to feel like a vicious cycle.
Sorting things out might feel like an overwhelming task. And lots of things may be out of your control. But try taking things one step at a time.
The tips on this page are to help get you started.
- Understand your money and mood patterns
- Organise your finances
- Avoid overspending when unwell
- Manage anxiety around bills and assessments
- Share your worries
- Look after your wellbeing
- Find professional money advice and support (list of contacts)
Coronavirus and money worries
Coronavirus is causing financial worries for many people.
Visit our information on additional support during coronavirus to find support.