Become a Mind HK Expert by Experience Ambassador
Join us to Share your Mental Health Story!
The stigma surrounding mental health is common in Hong Kong, due to a variety of factors. Sharing personal stories of mental health problems and recovery is the most effective and powerful way to destigmatise mental health. We train people to share their stories in a safe and effective way, in order to encourage more open discussions around mental health and change attitudes towards it. Through storytelling, we also want other people who are experiencing a mental health problem to know they are not alone.
We are currently recruiting ambassadors to join us for our ambassador training starting in May 2021. The deadline to apply is April 18th 2021.
- Had experience in and now recovered from any mental health issues (Any types of mental illness/disorders/ issues – not a must with clinical diagnosis)
- Understand and speak English
- Willing to commit to a 10-hour training in May/June 2021 (2.5 hours X 4 weekly sessions) and join regular events later for you to tell your story (times TBC)
- Passionate about mental health
- Open to sharing your mental health story (in English and/or Cantonese) as a Mind HK Ambassador
- The training modules will be conducted in English. Cantonese modules will be offered in the next phase.
- To ensure the Ambassadors feel comfortable and confident in this story-telling journey, there will be supervision by a clinical specialist and a peer support network available.
- This training programme is free and kindly sponsored by Jardine Matheson and MINDSET.
To apply, please fill out this form by April 18th: https://forms.gle/FkRGHqkXVYU2co9g8
Should you have any questions about this programme, please email out Anti-stigma Programme Manager, Odile, at [email protected]