About this event
The Online MHFA course is constructed of TWO parts:
- Part A – 7hours of online self-learning (2 – 9 July)
- Part B – 2 virtual sessions over Zoom with our MHFA trainers (12&13 July: 7 pm – 9:30 pm)
* Participants are required to complete 7hours of self-learning before entering the 2 Zoom sessions on 12&13 June (7 pm – 930pm).
What is MHFA? An internationally recognised and accredited qualification. Just like physical health first aid, mental health first aid teaches practical ways to manage mental health symptoms and crises. Participants will gain a sound knowledge of a wide range of mental health diagnoses, ways to assess and directly help those experiencing a mental health problem, and how to effectively refer them to further support.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) will cover:
- Basic knowledge about common mental health problems and related crisis situations
- What you can provide as a layperson and when to get help
- MHFA Action Plans
- Intervening and managing mental health emergencies as a first responder like Panic attacks, Suicide, Self-harm and Addictions
- Identify the resources available in the local community
Completion of this MHFA training will lead to being internationally certified in MHFA. A certificate will be awarded to participants with FULL attendance. All of our trainings are delivered by Mind HK staff or Mental Health Professionals. The minimum age for attendance is 18.
*This is not a course to train someone to become a mental health professional.
Please note again that the Online MHFA course is composed of 2 stages:
A. Online E-Platform (2 – 9 July). You are required to complete ALL modules before receiving links to the live Zoom sessions. (You will recieve your e-platform login details by 30 June)
B. 2 Live Zoom sessions (12&13 July, 7 pm – 930pm). You will receive the links by 12 July 12pm (only for those who have completed ALL online learning modules.)
We will send 2 printed booklets to your shipping address by 30 June via SF Delivery (charge on delivery ie. HKD30). Please fill in a SF Locker code and address if you wish to receive it at a SF locker instead.
Email us at [email protected] before 28 June if you wish to collect your booklets at our Wan Chai office during working hours (9 am – 6 pm).
Registration closes at 23:59 27 June. Mind HK DO NOT offer any refund or reallocation once ticket sales end.
This MHFA course is open to those who are currently located in Hong Kong only.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.