About this Event
Online MHFA trainings are constructed of TWO parts:
- Part A – 7 hours of online self-learning (1 week prior to Part B)
- Part B – 2 virtual sessions over Zoom with our MHFA trainers (2.5 hrs each)
* Participants are required to complete 7 hours of self-learning before entering the 2 Zoom sessions on 16 & 17 DEC (8 pm – 1030 pm).
What is MHFA? An internationally recognised and accredited qualification. Just like physical health first aid, mental health first aid teaches practical ways to manage mental health symptoms and crises. Participants will gain a sound knowledge of a wide range of mental health diagnoses, ways to assess and directly help those experiencing a mental health problem, and how to effectively refer them to further support.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) will cover:
- Basic knowledge about common mental health problems and related crisis situations
- What you can provide as a layperson and when to get help
- MHFA Action Plans
- Intervening and managing mental health emergencies as a first responder like Panic attacks, Suicide, Self-harm and Addictions
- Identify the resources available in the local community
Completion of this MHFA training will lead to being internationally certified in MHFA. A certificate will be awarded to participants with FULL attendance. All of our trainings are delivered by Mind HK staff or Mental Health Professionals. The minimum age for attendance is 18.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.