You’re invited to join HKU Sandy Bay RFC and Mind HK for a 1 1/2 hour interactive session on the foundations of mental health. One of Mind HK‘s core goals is to raise awareness through workshops, training sessions, and talks, in order to increase awareness and understanding of mental health in Hong Kong. We are pleased to present Mental Health 101 training session on June 10.
Training Session: Mental Health 101
Location: Lecture Theatre, Olympic House, 1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Date: Monday, June 10 2019
Time: 7pm – 8:30pm
Details and Registration: http://www.hkusandybayrfc.com/news/mental-health-101-training-seminar-sign-up-2424839.html
- Suitable for everyone aged 18+
Mental Health 101 will cover:
- The basics of mental health
- Stigma around mental health
- The spectrum of mental health, from anxieties, phobias and depression to more severe conditions
- Self-help treatment options, including wellbeing tips, guided self-help, individual digital interventions and online support
- Who does what: the difference between counsellors, psychologists and psychiatrists
- How to get help with mental health in Hong Kong and internationally
- Case examples
*Mental Health 101 sessions are conducted by clinical professionals in the mental health field.
We suggest you to take Mental Health 101 before taking our Mental Health First Aid certificate course to get the basic knowledge around mental health. Completion of MHFA training will lead to being internationally certified in Mental Health First Aid (MHFA).
Thank you for Herbert Smith Freehills for sponsoring this event.
Mental Health First Aid will cover:
- Intervening and managing mental health emergencies as a first responder
- Panic Attacks, Suicide, Self-harm, Addictions
- What you can provide as a lay person
- When to get help
We are scheduling our next Mental Health First Aid course over 4 days in June. Registration and additional dates are available here: https://www.mind.org.hk/training/. Please note this course has very limited spots and we will be offering more opportunities in the future, as we are currently in the process of training clinicial professionals to conduct this course.
Open to all aged 18+
Refunds are available up to 7 days before June 10. For queries about group ticketing, transferring tickets, or other concerns, please email [email protected]
Mind HK is a mental health charity initative under the Patient Care Foundation. To learn more about Mind HK and other events, please visit: www.mind.org.hk.
Learn more about the training here: http://www.hkusandybayrfc.com/news/mental-health-101-training-seminar-sign-up-2424839.html
Should you not be able to attend this time round, please note that there will be more Mental Health 101 trainings in the future. Updated event dates will be posted via our website and through our newsletter. To sign up for Mind HK updates please click here.