You’re invited to join Campfire Collaborative Spaces and Mind HK for a 1 1/2 hour interactive session on the foundations of mental health. One of Mind HK‘s core goals is to raise awareness through workshops, training sessions, and talks, in order to increase awareness and understanding of mental health in Hong Kong. We are pleased to present Mental Health 101 training session on May 18th.
Training Session: Mental Health 101
Location: Campfire, 9/F, V-Point, 18 Tang Lung St, Causeway Bay
Date: Saturday, May 18th, 2019
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Mental Health 101 will cover:
- The basics of mental health
- Stigma around mental health
- The spectrum of mental health, from anxieties, phobias and depression to more severe conditions
- Self-help treatment options, including wellbeing tips, guided self-help, individual digital interventions and online support
- Who does what: the difference between counsellors, psychologists and psychiatrists
- How to get help with mental health in Hong Kong and internationally
- Dealing with grief and loss
- Case examples
*Mental Health 101 sessions are conducted by clinical professionals in the mental health field.
We suggest you to take Mental Health 101 before taking our Mental Health First Aid certificate course to get the basic knowledge around mental health. Completion of MHFA training will lead to being internationally certified in Mental Health First Aid (MHFA).
Thank you for Campfire Collaborative for providing the venue space.
Mental Health First Aid will cover:
- Intervening and managing mental health emergencies as a first responder
- Panic Attacks, Suicide, Self-harm, Addictions
- What you can provide as a lay person
- When to get help
We are scheduling our next Mental Health First Aid course over 2 days in May, 25th & 26th. Registration is available here. Please note this course has very limited spots and we will be offering more opportunities in the future, as we are currently in the process of training clinicial professionals to conduct this course.
Mental Health 101:
Open to all. Number per session: 50 maximum.
Refunds are available up to 7 days before May 18th. For queries about group ticketing, transferring tickets, or other concerns, please email [email protected]
Mind HK is a mental health charity initative under the Patient Care Foundation. To learn more about Mind HK and other events, please visit: www.mind.org.hk.
Learn more about the training here: https://mindhkcampfirementalhealth101.eventbrite.com
Should you not be able to attend this time round, please note that there will be more Mental Health Literacy and Orientation trainings in the future. Updated event dates will be posted via our website and through our newsletter. To sign up for Mind HK updates please click here.