One of Mind HK‘s core goals is to raise awareness through workshops, training sessions, and talks, in order to increase awareness and understanding of mental health in Hong Kong. We are pleased to present a Mental Health Literacy and Orientation training session on March 30th.
Should you not be able to attend this time round, please note that there will be more Mental Health Literacy and Orientation trainings in the future. Updated event dates will be posted via our website and through our newsletter. To sign up for Mind HK updates please click here.
Training Session: Mental Health Literacy and Orientation
Location: Infiniti Lab, 20/F, California Tower, 30-32 D’Aguilar Street, Central
Date: Saturday, March 30th, 2019
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Mental Health Literacy and Orientation will cover:
- The basics of mental health
- Stigma around mental health
- The spectrum of mental health, from anxieties, phobias and depression to more severe conditions
- Self-help treatment options, including wellbeing tips, guided self-help, individual digital interventions and online support
- Who does what: the difference between counsellors, psychologists and psychiatrists
- How to get help with mental health in Hong Kong and internationally
- Dealing with grief and loss
- Case examples
*Mental Health Literacy and Orientation sessions are conducted by clinical professionals in the mental health field.
We suggest you to take our Mental Health Literacy and Orientation before taking our Mental Health First Aid certificate course to get the basic knowledge around mental health. Completion of MHFA training will lead to being internationally certified in Mental Health First Aid (MHFA).
Learn more about the training here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mind-hk-mental-health-literacy-and-orientation-tickets-58548947478