Training Session: Mental Health Literacy and Orientation
Location: Seminar Room 1, Gleaneagles Hospital, Hong Kong
Date: Saturday, October 13, 2018
Time: 10am-11:30AM OR 12PM-1:30PM (Both sessions conducted will be the same. Please sign up for one session only.)
- Standard: HKD 100
- Student (full-time status): HKD 50
- NGO professional: HKD 50
For queries about group ticketing, transferring tickets, or other concerns, please email [email protected].
Mental Health Literacy and Orientation will cover:
- The basics of mental health
- Stigma around mental health
- The spectrum of mental health, from anxieties, phobias and depression to more severe conditions
- Self-help treatment options, including wellbeing tips, guided self-help, individual digital interventions and online support
- Who does what: the difference between counsellors, psychologists and psychiatrists
- How to get help with mental health in Hong Kong and internationally
- Dealing with grief and loss
- Case examples
*Mental Health Literacy and Orientation sessions are conducted by clinical professionals in the mental health field.
We suggest you to take our Mental Health Literacy and Orientation before taking our Mental Health First Aid certificate course to get the basic knowledge around mental health. Completion of MHFA training will lead to being internationally certified in Mental Health First Aid (MHFA).