What is mental wellbeing?
Mental wellbeing describes your mental state – how you are feeling and how well you can cope with day-to-day life. Our mental wellbeing can change, from day to day, month to month or year to year.
If you have good mental wellbeing (or good mental health), you are able to:
- Feel relatively confident in yourself – you value and accept yourself and judge yourself on realistic and reasonable standards
- Feel and express a range of emotions
- Feel engaged with the world around you – you can build and maintain positive relationships with other people and feel you can contribute to the community you live in
- Live and work productively
- Cope with the stresses of daily life and manage times of change and uncertainty